Half mortise hinges, also known as half surface door hinges, are the type of hinges where one leaf is mounted on the door jamb, and the other leaf is mounted on the surface of the door. These hinges are widely used for securing gates, doors, and vaults in various commercial and industrial applications. These hinges are fabricated from carbon steel in our plant in Palmyra, Indiana. Kiesler Machine, Inc. specializes in carbon steel heavy duty half mortise hinges, which are widely used in industries, where security is a major concern. These hinges are made available in standard and custom sizes depending on your application requirements.
Beneficial Features of Carbon Steel Half Mortise Hinges
The various beneficial features of carbon steel mortise hinges suggest their increasing use in various industrial applications. The below-mentioned are a few important features of these hinges.
- The carbon steel material is economical to purchase and provide years of dependable service.
- These hinges are specially designed to support medium, as well as heavyweight doors which may be experiencing high traffic.
- They can be provided in either weld-on or bolt-on styles with mounting holes.
- Half mortise hinges are designed for non-handed for either left-hand or right-hand installations.
- The carbon steel half mortise hinges feature a hardened alloy steel pin, which ensures long life in the highest of traffic areas.
- The carbon steel half mortise hinge is offered with a primer coat, hot dipped or cold galvanized or powder coated finish per your requirement.
- These hinges can also be availed in a number of finishes.
- They are supplied with a lubrication port, which assures smooth operation.
- These hinges are manufactured with Pride in the USA.
Applications of Carbon Steel Half Mortise Hinges
Owing to their beneficial features, the carbon steel half mortise hinges are widely used in following applications:
- Containment Cabinets
- Automation Equipment
- Steel Doors
- Security Gates
- Heavy Duty Vault Doors