What Makes Security Door Hinges So Popular?
There are several reasons why security hinges are preferred in high-security areas. Here are some important beneficial features that make them ideal for use across industries.
- The material used in the manufacturing of hinges plays a key role in determining the performance and rigidity of the final product. This is why security hinges are constructed using heavy-duty materials and welded to our specifications to enhance the security of high usage areas. Stainless steel and carbon steel are commonly used in producing security hinges for gates and doors. These materials are preferred owing to their beneficial features such as excellent resistance against rust, corrosion, chemicals, moisture, and more.
- These materials have a great weight-to-strength ratio. Thus, hinges made from these materials possess a high load-bearing capacity.
- Most security hinges are made with a hardened welded pin, making it impossible to remove and dismantle the door. Thus, they offer added security.
- These hinges do not require lubrication. They require no maintenance, which helps save on the overall maintenance costs.
- Our security hinges come with a non-handed design. This means these hinges can be used for both right-hand and left-hand door installations.
- One of the striking features of these hinges is that they can be manufactured in custom lengths and widths depending on the application requirements.
- These hinges feature precision bearings for years of uninterrupted service.
Areas Where Security Door Hinges Are Used
Security hinges are typically used with doors and heavy gates. The following are some key areas where these hinges are widely used:
- Financial Institutions
- Health Care and Medical Establishments
- Commercial Establishments
- Educational Facilities
- Manufacturing Facilities
- Prisons and Detention Centers
Things to Remember While Installing Security Door Hinges
Installation of security hinges seems easy, but in reality, it’s not. It is important to follow certain guidelines for the efficient installation and operation of these hinges. Here are a few important tips:
- Security hinges are placed on heavy doors and gates. Therefore, it is important to attach a minimum of two hinges to hold the door and gate firmly.
- Care must be taken to handle the door or gate safely when mounting it.
- The hinges are installed without inducing "hinge bind".
- Adequate load distribution between hinges is necessary to obtain the longest hinge life and highest safety level.
- Follow the guidelines for welding the hinges in place or using bolts to secure the hinges.
The aforementioned reasons suggest why security hinges are still in demand. Considering the significance of security hinges in highly sensitive areas, you need to ensure that they are sourced from an industry-leading manufacturer and supplier. If you are planning to use security hinges for your new application, you may want to consider an industry veteran like Kiesler Machine, Inc. With vast years of industry experience, skilled employees, and an industry leading hinge designs, the company specializes in offering a variety of security hinges, along with customization as required.