Use of Hinges in the Military and Defense Industry
Strengthening of the armed forces with technologically advanced equipment and machines is one of the objectives of most governments. There are a variety of hinges that help make such machinery robust. They help enhance the load bearing capacity and speed of vehicles such as tankers which enables them to travel at fast speeds in difficult terrains. Kiesler Machine is a well-known hinge manufacturer and fabricates products that offer durability, strength, and corrosion resistance for military vehicles and other applications in the defense sector that are used in normal as well as extreme environments.
Hinges for the Defense Industry by Kiesler Machine
Kiesler Machine Inc makes many hinge models that are useful in the military and defense industries. They are fabricated from quality 304L and 316L stainless steel or carbon steel. Hinges used in military and defense industries must be robust, time proven. Our military hinges are the perfect solutions for heavy armored vehicles and equipment that is used by the military. Common applications include loading and access doors. These hinges are extremely useful for heavy and oversized doors needed for the protection of soldiers in hostile environments. Most of our heavy-duty hinges have applications in the military and defense industries. Here are some types of heavy-duty hinges used for military and defense industries:
- Heavy duty door hinges:These are made of 304L or 316L stainless steel or carbon steel. They manufactured in either left hand or right hand applications. These heavy-duty door hinges are maintenance free for years of reliable service. Our stainless steel hinges are corrosion and chemical resistant and maintenance free for a long operational life.
- Heavy duty security hinges: These hinges have a height of around five inches. The range of their door weight is from 800 lbs to 2000 lbs. They are non-handed and hence can be mounted on the right as well as left sides. Our hinges have dust seals to keep contamination out. Precision ground alloy steel pin for smooth operation.
- Heavy duty radiation shielding hinges: These are surface mount hinges to be installed either on left or right hand. They are fabricated from 1018 carbon steel, or 304L and 316L stainless steel. Heavy duty radiation shielding hinges have a maximum weight bearing capacity up to 40,000 lbs. The heat-treated pins are precision ground alloy steel pins with needle bearings and a needle thrust bearing which increases the load bearing capacity. We also use dust seals that prevent contamination.
- Heavy duty butt hinges: These hinges are widely used and are economical to fabricate. They facilitate the smooth functioning of doors and are designed to be durable. They are made of carbon steel material with an alloy steel pin and thrust bearings. These are non-handed, robust, and affordable.
- Heavy duty barrel hinges: These gate hinges are fabricated from carbon or stainless steel and used for exterior gates and doors. Stainless steel hinges are corrosion and chemical resistant. This is a economical heavy duty hinge for many applications.
We proudly manufacturer our hinges in the United States We have a large inventory for immediate shipment. Please call for pricing or more information.